Blogs, texts, databases, services, videos, curiosities, and other references I have discovered since October 2012:
- The Voice on the Borderland — “This WordPress.com site leads to madness…in audio.”
“Soon, your ears will writhe, and your mind….Thats my aim, anyway. The Voice on the Borderland blog site (bordervoice) will eventually host (or link to) short downloadable horror fiction, poetry,…and perhaps Childrens’ books (Hmm. I wonder if Grimms’ Fairy Tales would be marketable?) we shall…hear.”
- The Nearsighted Monkey — Lynda Barry’s course “The Unthinkable Mind” at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Curious Rituals: Gestural Interaction in the Digital Everyday — “a research project conducted at Art Center College of Design (Pasadena) in July-August 2012 by Nicolas Nova (The Near Future Laboratory / HEAD-Genève), Katherine Miyake, Nancy Kwon and Walton Chiu from the media design program.
This research project is about gestures, postures and digital rituals that typically emerged with the use of digital technologies …”
- Nineteenth-Century Disability: A Digital Reader — “an interdisciplinary collection of primary texts on physical and cognitive disability in the long nineteenth century. It is a free scholarly resource, designed to help university level instructors and students incorporate a disability studies perspective into their classes and work through access to primary sources and lesson plans.”
- Magia Posthuma — “On several occasions, particularly on the periphery of the Habsburg Empire during the 17th and 18th centuries, dead people were suspected of being revenants or vampires, and consequently dug up and destroyed. Some contemporary authors named this phenomenon Magia Posthuma. This blog is dedicated to understanding what happened and why.”
- ART à l’ORDINATEUR — “Ce blog existe dans le cadre d’un cours portant sur les pratiques numériques, dispensé aux étudiants du département Arts Plastiques à l’Université Jean Monnet de Saint Etienne.
Il est pensé comme un espace de travail, un outil de recherche et de mise en partage, alimenté par le travail des étudiants.”
- 50 Watts — Will Schofield on the art of book illustration and design
- A Journey Round My Skull — Will Schofield’s scrapbook
- Nine Kinds of Pie — Philip Nel’s blog on “my many and varied obsessions. Children’s books. Music. Comics. Politics. Things that amuse me. Ideas of all sizes and shapes. And probably some advice.”